The municipal veterinary service is responsible to safeguarding public health from the viewpoint of veterinary health, as well as the health and wellbeing of animals in the urban environment, while balancing both.
Director of the Municipal Veterinary Service - Dr. Yehonatan Even Zur
- Veterinary doctors on call: 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Supervisors on call: 7 days a week untill 24:00.
Municipal Veterinary Service activites
- Vaccinating dogs to prevent rabies
- Rabies is a lethal disease that can be carried over to humans
- Regulating the possession of dogs, especially dangerous dogs
- Preventing zoonotic diseases - diseases that can be carried over from animals to humans
- Preventing hazards caused by animals - commonly, such hazards are the result of mistreatment and mishandling of the animals by the owners.
- Bringing in wandering animals, rescue, and treatment of injuries and diseases - operated by animal supervisors and municipal veterinary doctors
- Proper veterinary treatment of animals staying at the municipal kennel
- Prevention of animal abuse in the city and promotion of animal welfare